This briefing is aimed at professionals working in schools who have responsibility for pupil registers and children missing education.
All schools, both state-funded and independent, and Local Authority have a range of responsibilities to prevent children becoming missing from education, identify children who are missing education and secure education for children of compulsory school age. These statutory requirements are outlined in Pupil Registration Regulations (England). Content:
- Children and pupils missing from education
- The legislation framework
- Local Norfolk removal from roll and children missing from education procedures
To support school staff to:
- identify when pupils are at risk of becoming children missing from education;
- describe and explain what school responsibilities are in line with statutory guidance and legislation;
- have a greater understanding of local Norfolk procedures and know how to respond to children missing from education.
This briefing session is being provided free of charge by the Children Missing Education Team.
As this 2 hour briefing session is offered free of charge no refreshments are provided, but are available to purchase in the on site canteen.
Audience: This briefing is aimed at professionals working in schools who have responsibility for pupil registers and children missing education.