This training provides a comprehensive foundation for using Star Accounts. This practical, one day session teaches basic operational functionality, along with hints, tips and guidance on how to make the most of this extensive accounting system.
This course seeks to instil best practice in schools finance staff, working within the context of their own school’s policies and procedures. Additionally, the delegates will learn how to provide useful and meaningful reports to effectively support head teachers, governors and budget managers.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Understand some of the rules and procedures in purchasing for Schools
- Be able to use Star Accounts to process and report on purchases and expenditure.
- Be able to use Star Accounts to process and report on income and banking.
- Be able to complete Star Accounts month end procedure.
Two e-learning courses must be completed before attending this course;
Delegates should bring a copy of their own school’s Finance Policy to the course for reference.
- Introduction to Schools Finance
- Introduction to Star Accounts
New Finance Officers of Local Authority maintained schools in Norfolk.