If your school recognises that tasks and resources in Mathematics could be more effective, this training will help to implement task design and resources as a whole school priority.
This is Educator Solutions Mathematics Team response to the EEF Improving Mathematics in Key Stages Two and Three Guidance Report – recommendation 6 (November 2017).
This training will focus on using the evidence based improvement cycle to select and create appropriate tasks to enhance understanding of mathematical concepts. Delegates will take part in task design, explore examples and non-examples of concepts. Resources will be provided to share this professional development with colleagues upon return to school.
This professional development is one of a series of six twilight sessions. It is part of Teaching Mathematics which aims to challenge the approaches to the teaching and learning of mathematics.
By the end of this training participants will:-
- be able to identify appropriate, effective tasks and resources
- have explored formative assessment to inform the choice of task
- use tasks to address learner misconceptions
- develop examples and non-examples of concepts
- be able to use problems to help learners understand mathematics
- use tasks to build conceptual knowledge in tandem with procedural knowledge
- debate how Technology can be used effectively
Teaching Assistants Class Teachers Subject Leaders NQTs Returners to Teaching Senior Leadership Team