The day will start with demonstrating the importance of the link between safeguarding and school attendance and will guide the delegates through the available interventions for them to use in order to address and improve poor school attendance.
Schools are expected to work with the Local Authority to ensure that parents secure education for children of compulsory school age and where necessary address this to ensure that all children receive a suitable full time education.
- To understand the role of Attendance Lead and identify good practice in the management of school attendance
- To describe and explain the link between safeguarding and attendance
- To be clear on the appropriate intervention for addressing poor school attendance
- To be able to write an effective plan to address poor attendance
- To be able to complete a comprehensive and effective evidence pack where legal action is identified as the most appropriate course of action
- To understand the role of school staff in legal action and how to provide evidence in the Magistrates’ Court
This course is aimed at professionals working in schools who have a responsibility for the management of pupil attendance.