In this Level 3 national qualification you’ll master day-to-day accountancy processes whilst making a significant contribution towards the achievement of your establishment’s educational goals.
Using the experience of our professional training team, we have developed a comprehensive learning package to help you quickly gain the knowledge and skills required to pass the Administering Finance in Education qualification. The package consists of:
Studying for any qualification is a commitment, both in terms of time and funding. We have taken care to ensure the Complete Learning Package provides you with the training and support needed to pass, at the same time as providing value for money. This qualification is ideal for anyone responsible for the administration of finances in schools and academies. It is especially beneficial to those working within academies and those converting to academy, as it will provide the necessary accountancy knowledge and skills needed to operate independently from the Local Authority.
- Tutor-Led Sessions - Benefit from over 10 days of tutor-led courses delivered by our qualified trainers.
- Practice Assessments - Develop your assessment techniques with practice assessments and scenarios.
- Online Study Resources - Get exclusive access to online study resources such as forums and additional course material.
- Support Helpline - Access our dedicated support line when you need extra support and guidance.
The Administering Finance in Education Qualification includes the following units:
Each unit is published on the Regulated Qualification Framework and provides practical, real-world accounting and finance knowledge that you can put to use from day one.
- Bookkeeping - How to manage the books including the foundations of double-entry bookkeeping and associated documents and processes.
- Costing - How to extract costing data and perform calculations to provide essential information used to inform decision-making processes.
- VAT - How to account for VAT in order to comply with legislation and how to perform the calculations needed to complete a VAT return.
- Internal Control Systems - How to identify typical internal controls that are implemented to protect educational establishments against financial fraud.
- Procurement - How to obtain value for money using the procurement cycle when purchasing goods and services in educational establishments.
- Budgeting - How to set a well-informed, balanced budget and identify variances between budgeted and actual figures.
- Preparing Financial Accounts - How to account for fixed assets and make end of year adjustments to the financial accounts.
Once you have booked and authorised your place we will contact you with further information about your qualification.
There are no entry requirements to take this qualification. Level 3 is suitable for people with A-Levels and/or those already working in a finance role within an educational establishment.