This multiagency course is for DSLs on the subject of Professional Curiosity and Challenge
This course aims to provide an understanding of the concept of professional curiosity and its application within a safeguarding children context, and to provide a communication framework for saying difficult things in a clear assertive and respectful manner.
By the end of this course participants should:
- Understand what is meant by the term professional curiosity in relation to keeping children safe.
- Know the key elements of good communication which lead to effective challenge
- Have had an opportunity to practice the use of a framework for effectively delivering difficult conversations
- Be able to make links between collaborative working and defensible decision making
- Understand the theory of behavioural change and its application to disguised compliance
- Have an awareness of the serious case review thematic learning framework in relation to professional curiosity and challenge.
- Know how to manage professional disagreements
- Have developed an understanding of being curious about the ‘day in the life of the child & their family’ and ensuring the voice of the child is present within the process and a recognition of the disguised compliance as a dynamic
- Have been enabled to explore emotional competency & its impact of being professionally curious
- Be able to develop an individual action plan for good practice
Booking for all multiagency training delivered by the NSCB closes 7 weeks before the training date, please book early and please give adequate notice if you are unable to attend.
Please arrive at 9am for a 9.30 start.