This course is for those who work regularly with children and young people and adults who are parents or carers and may be asked to contribute to assessment of children in need (Group 3) and those with a particular responsibility for safeguarding children (Group 4).
This course aims to raise awareness and effectively equip practitioners with information from research and practice evidence to identify signs and symptoms of neglect and the impact on children.
By the end of this course participants should be able:
- To understand the concept of significant harm as identified in Working Together 2015.
- To identify signs and symptoms of neglect and consider the significance of individual perspectives when identifying neglect.
- To understand the ‘start again’ approach to neglect cases and consider the implications for practice.
- To understand their role in Norfolk’s adoption of the Graded Care Profile as the primary tools to assess the impact of neglect on the child.
- To understand the concept of ‘good enough’ parenting.
- To apply frameworks for the assessment of parental capacity to change.
Booking for all multiagency training delivered by the NSCB closes 7 weeks before the training date, please book early and please give adequate notice if you are unable to attend.
Please arrive at 9am for a 9.30 start.