This course is for all staff working regularly with children and young people with a particular responsibility for safeguarding such as DSLs and Headteachers.
- To develop an understanding of the harm that both parental drug use and young people's drug use has on the family, taking into account developments, psychological and physical factors within a holistic assessment framework
- To explore attitudes and values around drug and alcohol misuse and how these impact on practice
- To explore resources policy and guidance, in order to promote positive interventions in families where substances are misused
- To focus on the wishes and feelings of children who live in families where substance misuse is an issue
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand the key features and underlying principles of the Assessment Framework in relation to substance use/misuse
- Will have a thorough understanding of NSCB Policies 5.11 - Children and Young People who Misuse Substances and 7.3 - Children of Parents who Misuse Substances.
- Will have explored personal attitudes and values in relation to families and substance misuse and how these may impact on young people, their parents and carers
- Will have the knowledge of key guidance documents and the competencies to work with this group.
Booking for all multiagency training delivered by the NSCB closes 7 weeks before the training date, please book early and please give adequate notice if you are unable to attend.
Please arrive at 9am for a 9.30 start.