This course is suitable for all staff who work regularly with children and young people and have a particular responsibility for safeguarding such as DSLs and Headteachers
The course aims to raise awareness of the impact of domestic abuse on children and families, and to gain confidence in responding to their needs.
By the end of this course participants should be able to:
- Define Domestic Abuse.
- Understand the Power & Control dynamics of domestic violence/abuse [Duluth model].
- Identify the risks presented by domestic abuse to children’s safety, development & education.
- Understand the impact of domestic abuse on the non-abusing parent and how this can affect their ability to care appropriately.
- Identify the additional risk factors associated with domestic abuse, such as mental health, drugs and alcohol use.
- Describe inter-agency roles and responsibilities for providing services to parents and children experiencing violence.
Booking for all multiagency training delivered by the NSCB closes 7 weeks before the training date, please book early and please give adequate notice if you are unable to attend.
Please arrive at 9am for a 9.30 start.