This course is for practitioners who work with children and young people, who have responsibility for early help or permanency planning.
This course aims:
- To provide participants with an opportunity to increase knowledge, and understanding about the importance of developing secure attachments, and the impact of insecure attachments on children’s development
- To provide participants with the necessary knowledge and understanding about child development and attachment, to help them improve skills in supporting children and ultimately improving outcomes for them
Participants will be able to:
- Gain knowledge and understanding about research on attachment and the neuroscience of attachment
- Understand why attachment matters
- Reflect on how poor attachment impacts upon children in their development
- Consider implications for work with children who have not experienced secure attachment
- Understand how early care giving might have a long lasting impact on children’s development and how children might internalize their experiences of attunement with caregivers
- Gain knowledge about the risk factors affecting attachment and which groups of children are vulnerable
- Demonstrate an understanding of different types of secure and insecure attachment
- Consider what neuroscience tells us about how trauma can affect emotions and learning.
- Appreciate and demonstrate the importance of considering the attachment of children in critically reflective practice and in undertaking good assessments
- Consider what is needed to help children recover from trauma
Please arrive at 9am for a 9.30 start. Please bring own lunch. All NSCB courses close 7 weeks before course date. DSL colleagues from schools and colleges must make their bookings through this system. There are 6 places available on each course for education staff and these are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. All places must be paid for at the time of booking. All cancellations which are made within 28 days of the start of the course or non-attendance at a course will not be entitled to a refund. If you are unable to attend the training you must contact us in writing at email@example.com to cancel your place.
This is a multiagency course for DSLs in schools.