Cost of training session for non subscribing school £145.00
Teachers and leaders need to be able to focus on the most important tasks which impact positively on pupil progress, and in a way that reduces workload as much as possible. Recent research has highlighted that:
This session explores the DfE guidance and our own Mental Health, Stress & Wellbeing Audit Tool to provide information for boards on the importance of addressing workload and the role of the board in supporting this.
- Unnecessary workload takes teachers and leaders away from their primary role of helping their pupils achieve their goals
- Working hours for teachers in England are higher than in most other countries, and time is often spent on tasks they believe are not helping their pupils
- The competency framework for governance states that the board should ‘pay due regard to ensuring that leaders and teachers are able to have a satisfactory work-life balance, including a manageable workload’
By the end of this session governors will be able to:
- Understand the key workload issues in schools
- Recognise the role governors have in helping to address the issues
- Understand the importance of improving wellbeing and work life balance in school
Cancellation Policy Please note: If you fail to attend a booked event without giving 48 hours’ notice of cancellation, we reserve the right to:
To advise us of a cancellation please contact 01603 307710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a charge to governing boards that have subscribed to our Governance and Leadership Service to cover the costs of administration and catering involved. Current charge £50.
- Invoice for the full cost of the course/event to ‘Pay as You Use’ delegates.