Cost of training session for non subscribing school £145.00
Permanent exclusion should only ever be used as a last resort.
This course focuses on the actions governors and trustees can take to support improved behaviour in schools as well as provide details on what must be in place following an exclusion and the role of governors in Pupil Discipline Hearings.
Governors and trustees have a role to play in supporting the school to embed and ethos of good behaviour. The course will look at the support available to schools as well as alternatives to exclusion. This session will also examine the specific roles that governors and clerks play at exclusion hearings and well as provide resources and tools to support governors if they are asked to sit on an exclusion panel hearing.
By the end of the session governors will:
- Understand the schools’ legal duties around exclusion and that it must only ever be used as a last resort when all alternatives have been considered.
- Have an appreciation of the governors’ role in supporting good behaviour in schools.
- Understand the procedures and protocols around panel hearings and the governors’ role
- Understand the concept of ‘natural justice’ and approached the need for impartiality and confidentiality
Cancellation Policy Please note: If you fail to attend a booked event without giving 48 hours’ notice of cancellation, we reserve the right to:
To advise us of a cancellation please contact 01603 307710 or email email@example.com
- Make a charge to governing boards that have subscribed to our Governance and Leadership Service to cover the costs of administration and catering involved. Current charge £50.
- Invoice for the full cost of the course/event to ‘Pay as You Use’ delegates.