Cost of training session for non subscribing school £145.00
This course gives an insight into the roles and responsibilities of governors, trustees, governing boards and local academy boards.
It provides an essential introduction for individuals new to their role and a useful refresher for more experienced governors moving forward in an ever changing educational landscape.
It covers the statutory requirements of governing boards and latest developments, as well as examining ways of working to ensure that governing boards are as effective as possible.
By the end of the session delegates will:
- Be able to state the purpose and role of the governing board
- Be aware of the boundaries of the role, including schemes of delegation
- Understand how they can make an individual contribution to the work of the governing board
- Understand what makes an effective governing board
- Be familiar with the range of documentation received by the governing board and know how to formulate questions and appropriate challenge
Cancellation Policy Please note: If you fail to attend a booked event without giving 48 hours’ notice of cancellation, we reserve the right to:
To advise us of a cancellation please contact 01603 307710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a charge to governing boards that have subscribed to our Governance and Leadership Service to cover the costs of administration and catering involved. Current charge £50.
- Invoice for the full cost of the course/event to ‘Pay as You Use’ delegates.