A major responsibility of the governing board is to ensure the safety and well-being of children and young people in school. To support this and in line with ‘Staffing Regulations, 2009’, every interview panel for staff in school must include someone who has been trained in safer recruitment.
Governance and Leadership Service has been accredited by the Safer Recruitment Consortium to deliver this training and this full day’s course provides governors with the skills and information they need to fulfil this role.
In addition to recruitment, the course also looks at how to ensure a safer culture in school and covers issues outlined in the Statutory Guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education, 2018’.
The course includes an assessment which results in successful governors and school leaders being accredited to fulfil this important role.
The certificate awarded on successful completion of this training is valid for five years.
By the end of the session delegates will:
- Have a greater understanding of offender behaviour
- Identify the key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Consider policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- Know how to review their own and their organisation’s policies and practices with a view to making them safer
Cancellation Policy Please note: If you fail to attend a booked event without giving 48 hours’ notice of cancellation, we reserve the right to:
To advise us of a cancellation please contact 01603 307710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a charge to governing boards that have subscribed to our Governance and Leadership Service to cover the costs of administration and catering involved. Current charge £50.
- Invoice for the full cost of the course/event to ‘Pay as You Use’ delegates.
This course is suitable for headteachers, senior leaders, business managers, governors, trustees and anyone involved in the recruitment process.