Cost of training session for non subscribing school £145.00
The Education Act 2002 places statutory requirements upon the Local Authority and schools to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. This session explores the legislative framework and role and responsibilities of governors and trustees in relation to the safeguarding agenda.
The session will help governors and trustees to understand the Ofsted Framework for Inspection and the implications for safeguarding practice in schools.
The DfE recommendation is that all governors and trustees attend this training and that it is regularly updated. To ensure schools are compliant with statutory responsibilities for safeguarding, the course has the following aims:
By the end of the session delegates will:
- Understand the arrangements that the school must have in place to be compliant with legislation and guidance
- Understand what safeguarding is and the legislative context in which the school operates
- Understand their own role and responsibilities and those of others in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Understand the Ofsted Inspection Framework in relation to safeguarding children
- Understand the requirements of the Statutory Guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education, 2018’
Cancellation Policy Please note: If you fail to attend a booked event without giving 48 hours’ notice of cancellation, we reserve the right to:
To advise us of a cancellation please contact 01603 307710 or email email@example.com
- Make a charge to governing boards that have subscribed to our Governance and Leadership Service to cover the costs of administration and catering involved. Current charge £50.
- Invoice for the full cost of the course/event to ‘Pay as You Use’ delegates.