Cost of training session for non subscribing school £145.00
The effective chairing of the governing board requires a range of skills; ensuring statutory duties are carried out correctly, maintaining an effective relationship with the school’s professionals and working effectively with fellow board members.
Mainly designed to assist new or less experienced chairs of governors, this session would also be extremely beneficial for anyone considering taking on this responsibility in the future.
By the end of the session governors will be able to:
- Understand the extent of the chair’s responsibilities and powers
- Appreciate the skills needed to lead and develop the team
- Understand the importance of building a good working relationship with the headteacher, ensuring accountability
- Know their role in leading on school improvement and the business of the board
- Understand the need for succession planning
Cancellation Policy Please note: If you fail to attend a booked event without giving 48 hours’ notice of cancellation, we reserve the right to:
To advise us of a cancellation please contact 01603 307710 or email email@example.com
- Make a charge to governing boards that have subscribed to our Governance and Leadership Service to cover the costs of administration and catering involved. Current charge £50.
- Invoice for the full cost of the course/event to ‘Pay as You Use’ delegates.