We offer this session at a charge of £145 per delegate as it is not part of the subscription service.
DfE clerking Competency Framework, April 2017 states:
“Professional, quality clerking is about much more than taking minutes to record the discussions and decisions of the board. It is also about providing governing boards with expert advice on governance, procedures and compliance, and directly contributing to its efficient conduct.”
Clerks have a vital role to play in the effective running of governing board meetings, ensuring that procedures are followed and evidence is met to show the statutory responsibilities of the governing board.
This session clarifies the role and responsibilities of the clerk and offers practical advice and tips. All aspects of clerking are explained, from preparation to follow up of meetings, dealing with the paperwork and generally managing the work of the governing board.
By the end of the session clerks will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the procedures for the preparation, running and follow up of governing board meetings
- Know where to get procedural and legal advice related to governance and governing board meetings
- Understand the requirements of governing board minutes, including confidential matters and Ofsted requirements
Cancellation Policy Please note: If you fail to attend a booked event without giving 48 hours’ notice of cancellation, we reserve the right to:
To advise us of a cancellation please contact 01603 307710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a charge to governing boards that have subscribed to our Governance and Leadership Service to cover the costs of administration and catering involved. Current charge £50.
- Invoice for the full cost of the course/event to ‘Pay as You Use’ delegates.