Equip yourself with strategies to teach fractions in a way which makes the learning stick.
Challenge your whole school approach to teaching fractions and be supported to implement lasting school changes to ensure your learners make progress in fractions.
Through exploring the progression in fractions, you will be left with the key steps in progression to teach fractions as well practical classroom activities to take back and use.
To ensure lasting impact, delegates will benefit from an additional resource packed with inspiration for how teachers and children can have fun with fractions and which supports the review and implementation of effective teaching approaches.
You will leave supported to implement the teaching of fractions in a way which supports conceptual understanding.
By the end of the session delegates will:
- Be clear on the progression and development of fractions throughout Key Stage One and Two
- Understand how to use concrete and pictorial resources to deepen meaning of the abstract concept of fractions
- Recognise and know how to respond to key misconceptions of fractions
- See the connection between fractions and multiplicative reasoning
- Compare and calculate fractions with conceptual understanding.