Cost of training session for non subscribing school £145.00
Every governing body is encouraged to have a governor responsible for monitoring their PE & Sport Premium spending. These sessions provide the opportunity for as many governors to have access to the up to date information as possible.
With the funding now in its third year since it was doubled it continues to provide an opportunity to achieve improved outcomes in a challenging financial climate.
Do you know how your school spends their PE& Sport premium funding and how those decisions are made? Do you understand the do’s and don’ts around this ring-fenced income? Do you measure the difference it makes to your pupils? Is it used to support SIDP priorites? Can you see a difference in the pupils of your school?
This additional funding has the chance to make a significant difference to the outcomes of the young people in our primary schools including improved mental health, behaviour and attainment. Yet, often schools’ focus can be narrow, limiting creativity, the breadth of impact and making it difficult for schools to find ways to continue to utilise the funding. Having well informed governors is a major step forward to achieving the objectives of the funding and can help ensure that pupil outcomes are maximised.
These sessions will be delivered by Active Norfolk, the Active Partnership funded by Sport England to support schools in the county to maximise their funding and ensure it makes a difference to the lives of our young people.
By the end of the session delegates will:
- Be well informed of the purpose of the PE & Sport premium and how it can impact on their pupils
- Understand the potential breadth of use of the premium
- Understand the role of the governor when supporting the school to maximise their funding
- Be able to challenge and monitor the impact of the spend
- Understand the accountability measures, statutory duties and the funded support that is available
Cancellation Policy Please note: If you fail to attend a booked event without giving 48 hours’ notice of cancellation, we reserve the right to:
To advise us of a cancellation please contact 01603 307710 or email email@example.com
- Make a charge to governing boards that have subscribed to our Governance and Leadership Service to cover the costs of administration and catering involved. Current charge £50.
- Invoice for the full cost of the course/event to ‘Pay as You Use’ delegates.