A good governing board for every education establishment
Governing boards are the key strategic decision makers and vision setters in education establishments. They are also a key part of the overall system for education accountability. More than ever governing boards have a vital role to play in driving up pupil and student performance and ensuring that resources are used well to give every child/young person the best possible education.
Our ambition is that all our clients have a good governing board. This can be achieved by governors and trustees accessing good quality training and professional development.
Governing boards need to be supported by an independent professional clerk. This group of skilled people need continuous professional development, regular updates, briefings, advice and support, to help them in their pivotal role. GLS can assist with this.
What we do:
• Provide up to date, focussed programmes of training and development for governors/trustees and governing boards to help raise standards in Norfolk education establishments
• Equip governors/trustees with skills and knowledge to be effective in their role
• Offer support, advice, guidance and information in various ways to meet governors/trustees’ needs
• Support recruitment and appointment of governors/trustees with the right skills
• Provide a set of products to support the continuous professional development of governors/trustees
• Provide a professional clerking service to support governing boards
As a client you will have access to:
• A responsive proactive service, flexible to meet your expectations
• Competitively priced products providing good value for money to your organisation
• An established market leader offering excellence in meeting customer needs